They say the first step is the hardest. We’ve just made it easier. Direct English builds your confidence from day one and is the most effective language system for anyone wanting to learn English. With nine levels to choose from, starting with Foundation through to Business English and beyond, Direct English offers more choice than any other English language training system. So whether you’re an absolute beginner or an advanced learner, a young professional or a senior corporate executive, Direct English is right for you.
Start your journey to success in English
Direct English works around you, moving at your own pace and increasing your language skills every step of the way and reflects the very latest thinking in language acquisition. When you enrol with us, you’ll use our highly interactive course books, both in our training centres and at home. This will be, combined with a comprehensive program of personalised tutorials, conversation classes and even social activities.
The syllabus is designed for maximum communication, allowing you to confidently use English from the earliest stages of your studies, at the same time as systematically covering all the major elements of English grammar. The Linguaphone Group combines all our experience and understanding to reflect how language is learned naturally. We’ll introduce you to grammar and language points right from day one and encourage you to speak English from your very first class. Not classroom English, but language for real life situations.
Open a world of possibilities with Direct English
The Direct English program is based on a carefully worked out cyclical syllabus, with key areas of language introduced three times in each level. If you don’t grasp something right away, you can come back to it later. This develops huge confidence which we believe is the basis for all success.
The program also lets you find the learning style you like best. You’ll benefit from constant guidance and encouragement every step of the way, boosting your confidence and keeping you motivated so you’re bound to succeed. Simply put, we provide all the training, support and guidance you need to achieve the results you expect. Our high level of re-enrolment of over 60% is testimony to the fact that our learning system, materials and methodology really do work.
How does Direct English work?
Every student enrolling on a Direct English course will have a personalised study plan prepared to suit your objectives and experience. When you start learning English with us, you’ll also have access to the following activities:
- Level placement test – The start of your journey with us will involve a 15 minute computer placement test to establish your current level of English. This will help ensure that you start at the level of Direct English you feel comfortable with
- Face-to-face tutorials – Key to your success in learning English, these one-to-one classes are delivered by your own experienced, qualified and bilingual tutor, who will help you check and review your comprehension and understanding throughout your studies
- Conversation classes – Delivered by a native English speaking instructor, these fun, interactive sessions focus on practising and expressing yourself in English, in a communicative way. You’ll find yourself discussing everything from politics and art to business and travel with students of a similar level and ability. And all with the help of a supportive tutor who actively encourages you to put your new-found skills to the test in a fun and sociable environment
- Regular testing – Undertaken every three units and a perfect opportunity for you and your tutor to review your progress and identify areas for development moving forward. Our regular progress tests help fine tune your English and make sure you have really understood what you have learned so you can move on to the next stage with confidence
- Social activities – An important element of the Direct English ethos, is that we believe that learning English should be fun. That’s why many of our partners worldwide have an active social program involving cinema and restaurant visits and sightseeing trips. It’s geared to help you have every opportunity to practice and develop the English learning skills you’ve acquired
Whatever the size or complexity of your organisation, Direct English can also be delivered as part of an in-company language training program.